Film Production: Social Impact Filmmaking
Session Dates: June 24, 2018 - July 20, 2018
This summer, focus on stories that matter. Creating media that is socially responsible and highly effective, students in this four week intensive film program will gain hands-on experience in production and delve into media literacy. Creative work will be cultivated through the lens of a conscientious viewer.
Students who successfully complete this program will receive college credit. Students must have completed junior year of high school by the start of summer 2018 to attend.
Los Angeles Area Excursion
Students enrolled in Film Production: Social Impact Filmmaking will have the opportunity to tour a local film or television studio.
- Create stories that are socially responsible
- Learn to collaborate in groups
- Gain a basic understanding of the filmmaking process
Students who successfully complete this course will receive university credit.
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $50
2018 Program Cost: $8,000
The $8,000 program cost includes:
- Tuition for a University credit course
- Housing for 4 weeks
- All meals
- Course materials
- Use of campus recreation facilities
- Class field trips
- A trip to Disneyland
- An additional weekend day trip off campus
The cost does not include transportation to and from the program itself, personal spending money, or other incidentals.
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
2018 Application Requirements
This class is open to rising high school seniors only.
- Online Application
- Personal Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- Official High School Transcripts
- $50 Application Fee
Applications are now available for Summer 2018!