Film Production Pre-College Sample Work
A professional portfolio of work is not required to apply to LMU's Film Production: Social Impact Filmmaking pre-college program, however we would like to see your ability to tell a story. Please submit one (1) of the following supplemental pieces to be evaluated with your application materials:
- A film or video (no more than 3 minutes in length)
- A series of 12 photographs that tell a story
This is not about the quality of the technology, it's about the story you create. Feel free to film or take photographs on your smartphone if that is all you have available to you. We want to see your storytelling ability and your eye for visual composition.
If you do not have the ability to submit this supplement, don't let it stop you! If you are passionate about attending this program, but don't have the ability to submit sample work, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet this requirement.
To submit photographs, upload a PDF or JPEG containing your work. For video, create an account on Vimeo or YouTube and upload the link to your film as one of your submissions. We discourage setting any password protection for project submissions. This may cause a delay in the review of the applicant’s application.
To join Vimeo:
- Go to : www.vimeo.com
- Input your name, email address, and password. Agree to the terms and conditions. Click Join.
- Basic Vimeo is all that is required.
- To create a channel: Go to the channels page located in the top middle of the home screen and click “Create a channel.”
- To upload a video: Click on the upload button in the main toolbar at the top right corner.
To join YouTube:
- Go to: www.youtube.com
- Click the “sign in” button located on the top left of the screen.
- Click the “create an account” button on the top left of the screen.
- Input your name, email address, username, and password.
- Confirm from the email sent to your account.
- To upload a video: Click the Upload button in the top left corner.