2020 Program Dates: TBD
Loyola Marymount University Summer Programs is delighted to present the Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy (GSEBA) at LMU. The academy is a two-week summer residential program offered to intellectually curious and talented rising high school juniors and seniors. Accentuated by hands-on, didactic learning experiences, students will receive first-hand instruction from world-class faculty and renowned Los Angeles area professionals from across the sports and entertainment industries, including law, technology, management and marketing. Included will be visits to some of Southern California's highly profiled sports, entertainment and technology businesses and venues, as well as workshops on college admission, career and professional development, leadership, diversity, multiculturalism and negotiation.
Global Sports & Entertainment Business Academy
Hear from former "Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy" students about their experience in the program.
Under the guidance of experienced faculty, along with executives and leaders from an array of leading sports and entertainment companies, The Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy (GSEBA) strives to provide participants with insight into the fascinating, fast-paced, and often high profile sports and entertainment industries. GSEBA students will not only be introduced to a broad array of career opportunities within these highly competitive industries, but they will leave with a solid understanding of the disciplines which make up and contribute to the success of a sports or entertainment company, including management, advertising, sponsorship, technology, marketing, law and media. The opportunity to exercise leadership skills and teamwork round out the student experience as they engage regularly in thought provoking, team-oriented activities built to hone their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Participants will become part of a selective database for prospective internships for companies supporting the Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academies.
Los Angeles Area Excursion
Students will take academic field trips to various sports, entertainment and technology organizations in and around the Los Angeles and Silicon Beach areas.
- Learn innovative business concepts through a variety of classroom and co-curricular experiences, including visiting executives from leading area sports, entertainment and technology companies.
- Explore concepts of advertising, sponsorship, media and other interests that support the sports and entertainment industries.
- Gain leadership skills through creative in-class and on-site exercises that put students in the executive chair to tackle issues common to sports and entertainment decision-makers.
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $60
2019 Program Cost: $4,400*
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for two-week, non-credit course
- Housing for 2 weeks
- All meals
- Course materials
- Use of campus recreation facilities
- Class field trips
- A trip to Universal Studios
- An additional weekend day trip off campus
The cost does not include transportation to and from the program itself, personal spending money, or other incidentals.
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
*Summer 2020 costs will be available beginning in October
2020 Application Requirements
This course is open to rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Online Application
- Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Two Letters of Recommendation:
- Letter #1 must come from one of your high school teachers.
- Letter #2 must come from a non-academic source who can speak to your leadership skills and/or your interest in sports or entertainment. For example, a coach, club advisor, supervisor from an after-school job or volunteer efforts, etc.
- High School Transcripts
- $60 Application Fee
- TOEFL Scores (for International applicants whose primary language is not English)
Applications for Summer 2020 will be available beginning November 15.