Intro to Design for Stage and Screen
Developing visual stories through costumes, set and lighting design.
Pre-college applications are now closed for this course. Please check back in fall for additional details about our summer 2022 programming.
This course is designed to introduce students to the practice and techniques of Costume and Set design for Theatre and Film.
This exciting online course encourages deep analysis of the characters and stories we make and consume, seeking to improve students' visual literacy alongside teaching the skills of design. Online group work will include instruction from faculty as well as student presentations of their work. Throughout the two-week program, students will:
- Make a series of drawings based on a script
- Read the script
- Research the script’s details
- Make sketches/collages/or representations of their designs
Additional activities include:
- Read a selected small play and research it
- Virtual Field trips
- Zoom visits from Professionals to discuss their work
Students will leave the course with pieces that can be used in their portfolio or for future college applications.