Make Something! An Introduction to Three-Dimensional (3D) Art
Session Dates: July 17 - July 30, 2022
A hands-on workshop promoting personal artistic expression.
Make Something! An Introduction to 3D Design is a hands-on workshop promoting creativity and personal artistic expression. Through basic visual problem solving and conceptualization, students will explore the elements of art and principles of design, while developing a more focused level of skill with various materials and techniques.
Engaging in a series of functional art and sculptural design projects in LMU's studio arts "Maker's Space," students are encouraged to experiment with a range of non traditional sculptural materials while better understanding a variety of processes, including basic building techniques, casting processes, etc. This course is designed with projects that are great for anyone seeking to evolve creatively. There are no art prerequisites for this program, however students must be rising juniors or seniors by the start of summer to apply.
Participants will leave class with a series of portfolio-ready works, which they can use in their college applications, as well as an advanced sense of their own artistic vision.
LMU is planning to offer in-person pre-college summer programs in 2022. Make Something! Introduction to 3D Art will be a residential program on LMU's Los Angeles-area campus. There are no commuter options at this time - all participants are required to live on campus for the duration of their program.
- Gain an understanding of design principals and visual organization
- Exposure to special tools, techniques, and methods
- Develop verbal, visual, and technical skills essential for planning, executing, critically analyzing, and evaluating three-dimensional works of art
Application Fee: $65
2022 Program Cost: Program costs will be announced in October
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for online two-week, non-credit course
- Housing for two weeks
- Course materials
- Use of campus recreation facilities
- Class field trips
- Two weekend social trips off campus
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
This class is open to rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Online Application
- Personal Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- High School Transcripts
- $65 Application Fee
- TOEFL Scores (for International applicants whose primary language is not English)
Applications for our 2022 pre-college summer programs will open beginning November 15, 2021.
Design the World You Want to Live In
Join our mailing list to get all up-to-date information regarding our 2022 programming. Applications for this course will open November 15, 2021.