Please read through the following requirements before submitting your application.
The application period has been extended. We will accept applications until we reach capacity for individual programs. For questions regarding program availability, please call 310.338.7317.
- A completed online application
- A personal essay. Please see essay instructions below.
- A non-refundable $50 application fee. Please see our Fees Page for more information.
- A completed recommendation form from a counselor or teacher. Please see instructions below.
- A copy of your high school transcript
For International applicants:
- If English is your second language, please provide a TOEFL score.
Please prepare a 250-500 word essay on the following prompt:
Evaluate why you have selected your summer program of choice and explain how you think attending summer programs at LMU will assist you with your future educational or career goals.
Please save your essay in Word or PDF format. Essays can either be uploaded to your online application or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to email your essay, please include your name on each page of the document.
Please fill out the appropriate student information on the 2016 Recommendation Form and give it to a teacher or counselor who knows you well. Ask them to complete the form in full then have them submit it via email to email@example.com or by mail, in a sealed and signed envelope, to:
Summer ProgramsLoyola Marymount University1 LMU Drive, Charles Von der Ahe Suite 200Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
Remember to use the same name that appears on your application and high school transcripts.
Tips for Asking for a Recommendation:
- Be Courteous – remember to leave your recommender ample time to provide a thoughtful evaluation. Don’t wait until the last minute to ask for their help!
- Make sure they have a clear understanding of the deadline.
- Provide them with a pre-addressed, stamped envelope – just in case!
- Give them a brief summary of the program you are applying to so that they can speak to your talents in that area.
Are you ready to start your summer adventure on the bluff?