Global Sports & Entertainment Business Academy
Loyola Marymount University Summer Programs is delighted to present our popular Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy (GSEBA) online in summer 2021. The academy is an online two-week summer program offered to intellectually curious and talented rising high school juniors and seniors. Accentuated by hands-on, didactic learning experiences, students will receive first-hand instruction from world-class faculty and renowned Los Angeles area professionals from across the sports and entertainment industries, including law, technology, management and marketing. Included will be workshops on college admission, career and professional development, leadership, diversity, multiculturalism and negotiation.
Under the guidance of experienced faculty, along with executives and leaders from an array of leading sports and entertainment companies, The Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy (GSEBA) strives to provide participants with insight into the fascinating, fast-paced, and often high profile sports and entertainment industries. GSEBA students will not only be introduced to a broad array of career opportunities within these highly competitive industries, but they will leave with a solid understanding of the disciplines which make up and contribute to the success of a sports or entertainment company, including management, advertising, sponsorship, technology, marketing, law and media. The opportunity to exercise leadership skills and teamwork round out the student experience as they engage regularly in thought provoking, team-oriented activities built to hone their critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Uncover Unlimited Potential in Sports and Entertainment Business
Though our programming will remain online in 2021, the outcomes are still very much the same:
- Learn innovative business concepts from industry leaders.
- Explore concepts of advertising, sponsorship, media and other interests
- Gain leadership skills through creative course exercises.
Hear from former #SummerLions as they reflect on their two-week experience learning the ins and outs of the sports and entertainment industries.
Discover career opportunities in marketing, law, management, and more!Apply Now
Pre-College Summer Programs for high school students will be offered exclusively through online instruction in summer 2021.
Students who participated last summer enjoyed a wide variety of extra-curricular opportunities that enhanced their academic studies. Whether competing for first place in our virtual “House Competition,” receiving daily 1-on-1 and group support from current LMU undergraduates, or dropping into nightly social activities with peers – students felt that one aspect of summer they loved most was the sense of community they built during their time online with LMU.
- Learn innovative business concepts through a variety of online classroom and co-curricular experiences, and meet industry leaders from well known sports, entertainment and technology companies.
- Explore concepts of advertising, sponsorship, media and other interests that support the sports and entertainment industries.
- Gain leadership skills through creative in-class exercises that put students in the executive chair to tackle issues common to sports and entertainment decision-makers.
Application Fee: $65
2021 Program Cost: $2,700
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for two-week, non-credit course
- Course materials mailed home (if required)
- College Admission and Financial Aid workshops
- Meeting and Workshop with LMU's Career and Professional Development office
- Daily community-building opportunities outside of class to socialize with peers from around the world
- Access to current faculty, staff, and students to answer any questions about the sports and entertainment industry, the college application process, life at LMU and more!
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
This course is open to rising high school juniors and seniors.
- Online Application
- Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Two Letters of Recommendation:
- Letter #1 must come from one of your high school teachers.
- Letter #2 must come from a non-academic source who can speak to your leadership skills and/or your interest in sports or entertainment. For example, a coach, club advisor, supervisor from an after-school job or volunteer efforts, etc.
- High School Transcripts
- $65 Application Fee
- TOEFL Scores (for International applicants whose primary language is not English)
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2021.
Create the World You Want to Live In
Global Sports and Entertainment Business Academy pre-college applications are now open.