Acting for the Camera
A two-week intensive on the art of acting for film and television.
Under the guidance of LMU faculty, who are longtime professional actors, students will explore the techniques used to craft performances for the camera, with a focus on film, television, and web series.
Each day will consist of a morning session for two and a half hours, where students will get to know each other, build relationships, experience college-level lectures, and participate in live performances. Afternoons will consist of coaching sessions, rehearsals, and collaborative class shoots for various scene work.
Activities include filming silent scenes, monologues, and scenes from films shot with one or two student partners. Students will have the chance to participate in the editing process to learn how editing can affect the final product of their performance.
Acting for the Camera is a residential program on LMU's Los Angeles-area campus. There are no commuter options at this time - all participants are required to live on campus for the duration of their program.
Students enrolled in the Acting for the Camera course will have the opportunity to tour a local film or television studio.
- Develop practical communication skills while enhancing acting techniques
- Gain exposure to the demands and challenges of acting on camera
- Explore the human experience through performance
Application Fee: $65
2024 Program Cost: $5,800
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for two-week, non-credit course
- Housing and meals for two weeks
- Course materials
- Use of campus recreation facilities
- Class field trips
- Two weekend social trips off campus
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
This class is open to rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors.
- Online Application
- Personal Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- High School Transcripts
- $65 Application Fee
- TOEFL Scores (for International applicants whose primary language is not English)
Lights, Camera... Action.
Join our mailing list or submit your summer 2024 application by our March 15, 2024 deadline.