The Visiting Student Program supports students who wish to pursue part-time undergraduate-level academic work during the summer term outside of a university degree program. Visiting Students may apply to take up to eight units at the same time at LMU. Please note that enrollment as a Visiting Student is approved on a summer-by-summer basis and does not imply admission to candidacy for a degree.
Which Courses May I Take?
Begin your search for summer session courses by using our online course search tool. Please be sure to select "Summer 2023 Session I" or "Summer 2023 Session II" to view available undergraduate courses.
- Visiting Students may take a maximum of eight units in any one session.
- Check the LMU Bulletin for any course prerequisites; if there are any, please note in your application what prior coursework you have completed which meets those requirements.
- If you have questions about specific course content, contact the course instructor or department offering the course directly.
Taking a Course for Credit
Visiting Students must meet all the course requirements specified by the course instructor.
Additional Academic & Financial Information
- Visiting Students are subject to the same academic policies regarding course prerequisites, grading options, extension of work, etc. as any other LMU student. Please refer to Loyola Marymount University’s Academic Policies and Student Conduct Code.
- Refunds for Visiting Students follow the refund policy established by the Office of Student Financial Services
- No financial aid is available for Visiting Students.