Applications are no longer available for summer 2020. Check back October 1, 2020 for additional information on our summer 2021 programming!
Recognized as one of the top 10 film schools in the U.S. by The Hollywood Reporter and located in the heart of the entertainment capital of the world, there’s no better place than the LMU School of Film and Television to cultivate your creative identity this summer.
Under the guidance of LMU faculty, who are also professional screenwriters, students will broaden their writing skills, develop their unique voices, and learn the basic elements of screenwriting. Structure, character development, dialogue, descriptive action, formatting, and genre will be explored and put into practice in a supportive and highly collaborative online virtual writer's room.
In our Writer’s “Zoom” Room, students will not only watch popular movies - both classic and contemporary – they’ll have the chance to discuss the art, craft, and business of being a writer in the motion picture industry. Ideal for the highly motivated, students should enter this program open to honest and meaningful collaboration with peers, a willingness to offer and receive constructive criticism, and the desire to learn while having fun.
- Learn the basics the script development process
- Gain a deeper understanding of cinematic storytelling
- Enhance your writing skills
Application Fee: $60
2020 Program Cost: $2,400
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for online two-week, non-credit course
- Course books and materials*
- College preparedness workshops with LMU Admission and Financial Aid offices
- Career readiness workshops with LMU's Career and Professional Development office
- Online social activities with LMU's student ambassadors
*A personal computer or video conferencing capable mobile device and internet access are required for this course and are not covered in the cost of tuition and fees.
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.