Beginning Screenwriting Online Program
Session 1 Dates: June 27 - July 10, 2021
A dynamic workshop in on-screen storytelling from the comfort of your home.
Recognized as one of the top 10 film schools in the U.S. by The Hollywood Reporter, there’s no better place to cultivate your creative identity this summer than in a personalized online screenwriting workshop with the LMU School of Film and Television.
Under the guidance of full-time faculty, who are also professional screenwriters, students will broaden their writing skills, develop their unique voices, and learn the basic elements of screenwriting. Structure, character development, dialogue, descriptive action, formatting, and genre will be explored and put into practice in a supportive workshop environment.
Modeled after the evolving look of the writing and pre-production process, this online program allows students insight into the remote "writer's room" format. Small class sizes allow for all students' writing to be workshoped with full feedback from both peers and faculty. Ideal for the highly motivated, students should enter this program open to honest and meaningful collaboration with peers, a willingness to offer and receive constructive criticism, and the desire to learn while having fun.
Students will leave the program with a short script.
- Learn the basics the script development process from the comfort of home
- Gain a deeper understanding of cinematic storytelling
- Enhance your writing skills
Application Fee: $65
2021 Program Cost: $2,700
The program cost includes:
- Tuition for two-week, non-credit course
- Course materials mailed home (if required)
- College Admission and Financial Aid workshops
- Meeting and Workshop with LMU's Career and Professional Development office
- In-Depth access to current LMU faculty, staff, and students to answer any questions about the film industry, the college application process, life at LMU and more!
For additional information about program tuition and fees and payment options, please visit our Fees Page.
This program is open to rising high school juniors and seniors only.
- Online Application
- Personal Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- Additional Creative Essay: Read the Prompt Now
- $65 application fee
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or counselor
- High School Transcripts
- A Zoom interview may be requested after submission of application materials is complete
The deadline to apply is March 15, 2021.
Write Your Story With LMU
"Beginning Screenwriting Online" pre-college applications are now open!