The Visiting Student Program supports current high school juniors who wish to pursue part-time undergraduate-level academic work during the summer term outside of a university degree program. Visiting Students may apply to take up to two courses at the same time at LMU. Please note that enrollment as a Visiting Student does not imply admission to candidacy for a degree.
A student who has completed the 11th grade with at least a B+ (3.3) GPA may take summer classes at LMU.
Which Courses May I Take?
Begin your search for summer session courses by using our online course search tool. Please be sure to select "Summer 2023 Session I" or "Summer 2023 Session II" to view available undergraduate courses.
- Qualifying high school students may take a maximum of eight units in any one session.
- Check the LMU Bulletin for any course prerequisites; if there are any, please note in your application what prior coursework you have completed which meets those requirements.
- If you have questions about specific course content, contact the course instructor or department offering the course directly.
Taking a Course for Credit
Qualifying high school students must meet all the course requirements specified by the course instructor.
Additional Academic & Financial Information
- Qualifying high school students are subject to the same academic policies regarding course prerequisites, grading options, extension of work, etc. as any other LMU student. Please refer to Loyola Marymount University’s Academic Policies and Student Conduct Code.
- Refunds for qualifying high school students follow the refund policy established by the Office of Student Financial Services
- No financial aid is available for high school students enrolling in summer session courses.